Monday, September 24, 2012

Everyday Foods

What sorts of foods should we be eating everyday and why?? 


The image uploaded shows a plate which has been developed by award winning Gold Coast Dietician Amanda Clark, aimed at helping people to plan their meals within their calorie target whilst meeting their body's nutrient requirements. I think it is a fabulous visual representation of the recommended dietary composition. In a nutshell, this is the dietary composition I recommend to my clients. What I will s
tart to go through now is why. Later, I will go through how to work out how much of these foods you should be eating, based on your personal physical characteristics and your goals.

I will start with macronutrient composition. The macronutrients are protein, carbohydrate and fat. I think this is the best place to start, as there is a lot of controversy surrounding the best dietary composition for weight loss and other goals such as weight gain.


No comments:

Post a Comment